Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Long time

I have not posted for a while. I finished the Celtic hat for Leslie. She decided it was too small. I was making a headband like it, so that is now the new hat. I've almost got the band done and will start the top of it soon.

She also came up for her father's 80th birthday and we had a nice visit. She showed me some spinning stuff and is trying to talk me into keeping track of my TPI. I am an intuitive spinner and she is more technical. :-P I just do it. But it would be better if my spinning was more consistent. I actually do very well, but maybe could do better with some consistency for selling stuff.

She showed me some novelty yarn spinning which was fun. I may have to try it.

I have orders from many people for things to make them. So I will be busy this fall. In two weeks, I go to the New York Sheep and Wool Festival with my friend who will have a booth there. Maybe I can sell some stuff even though she was not encouraging about the yarn. She thinks my finished items are worth more. Probably right. She is in the biz and has been for a long time.

Also, my wool that I took to WI Sheep and Wool is done at the mill and she will be picking it up for me. I can't wait to see how it turned out. I'm very excited about it. I hope she calls me when she gets it to let me know if it looks good. I had it combed so it should be beautiful.

I need a new camera for more pictures to post. That is next. So much to do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly we found you while clicking throught the spinning wheel ring - love your quilts they are amazing - my sister is an avid quilter too.

I made a king size quilt - my first ever block quilt and havent quilted again since *lol* I think it put me off for good - I should have started smaller ;)

Love your spinning - I spin the fleece straight off the sheeps back and have been spinning now for a year - I love it! very relaxing.

Well I hope you update again soon - will pop back to see what youve been up too. seeya!

Unknown said...

Thanks! It's nice to know that someone is out there looking at my stuff. I love spinning too.