Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy Holidays

I know I have been negligent in writing lately.  I have been working a lot up here in Phoenix AZ at my new job and when I'm not doing that, I'm hanging out with the new love of my life, Wayne.  :-)  I did make a new pair of my lacy half gloves to show in Kathy's store and I was told they were well received at the New York Sheep and Wool festival.   Now I need to modify my hat pattern as I am told it is similar to someone else's.  So I will change my design to keep it original and in the clear.  I don't want to steal anyone else's ideas certainly.  

My picture of the glove is on the IAGARB blog, hmm.  I should link my blog to that one (note to self).  It's where I get the yarn for most of my creations because my friend Leslie is the president of it and she always asks me for designs for her yarn.  We will be putting up a link to sell some of the patterns on the IAGARB site soon so that will be cool.  I have so much to do...  

Well, off to work.  But I shall try to make this more interesting.  I did a ton of dyeing and washing yesterday.  FINALLY!  Some fiber work.  I will post pictures soon.  I dyed some skeins of wool I had spun as well as a bunch of my beautiful Merino lambswool.  I owe a friend some wool to play with and I had to be sure I had some pretty colors to send her.  So now I do.  I ordered a small bench picker this morning.  My darling Wayne had said he would make me one, but I don't think he will have time and his tools are in Alabama.  So instead, I got a small portable one from Kaydessa at www.woolpickers.com  I sure hope it works as well as it looks like it does.  I don't have room for a big one anyway and would like the portability.  Plus it's a much smaller investment.  I made my own yarn winder yesterday and was quite pleased with myself.  I will post pictures of all.   Now I just need a new yarn swift because my old one won't stop collapsing down onto the table.   Then I will have it all.   BWAHHAHAHAHA  Ooops, sorry.  That just slipped out.  

No comments: