Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hemp bracelets



I am making hemp bracelets lately. I got the purple one at the yoga studio and I was so taken with it that I had to get some hemp and dig through my bead collection to find some good beads to use with the hemp. Of course, I ended up at the bead store for a few more things, and also raided my mom's stash. The red one is my first effort. It's not bad and I am making another one now for my friend Gloria.

Of course, spinning some cotton and waxing it would make it even more my own creation, but I would have to get cotton dye as I currently only have protein dyes which won't work on cotton. But I can always get some if I can spin the cotton firmly enough and fine enough to handle the wear and tear of the beads on it. This could be fun!

I had a visit yesterday with Kathy to see her latest projects. She is always a great inspiration for my creativity and I need to keep in touch better. Trouble is that I don't always visit Tucson.

So I'm going to make hippie jewelry for a while and maybe put some of it on Etsy. It's really yoga jewelry for me, with OM symbols and chakra colors. I love color!

No comments: