Saturday, June 14, 2008

Who needs wool?

Wow, is it HOT here in Arizona.  This is my first summer and I am getting an intro to the heat.  It was 110 today on the patio and it's been around 100 for days now.  Here I am wanting to do some knitting and it's too hot to wear anything, much less wool.  I've been knitting on my Socks For Soldiers and have another pair done.  A very generous member of the yahoo group knit me two pair of legs on her sock machine so I am starting to knit the feet for those now.  

I am craving to start doing some more design for my friend's 85/15 Angora Bunny/SW Merino wool fingering weight yarn.  I made a hat last year that sold out all her yarn at the New York Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck  in October.  I don't think I'll get to go with her this year, but my knitted stuff will.  Apparently it is the talk of Ravelry which surprises me because I didn't read it up there.  But that's cool.  

I did go to Kathy's today and worked with some mohair and raked for her.  I work for fiber.  LOL  Works for me.  She does such wonderful design work and has a great sense of color which inspires me to try things.  I have not had time to put anything else up on Etsy and I really need to post some more.  I've been spinning some mohair and some silk to ply it with but am stuck for now doing other things.  I also want to work on spinning singles to knit with.  But I have some design to do and then there's school.  :-P  I can't wait until my school is over.  6 more weeks now.  I hope it goes by fast.

In the meantime, I am staying inside mostly and drinking lots of water. I can't drink enough to keep hydrated.  I did have my last set of Yoga Theraputics this weekend.  My teacher Bruce is amazing and I am learning a lot from him.  So that's fun at least.  It gets me out of the house.


No comments: