Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Monsoon Season is here!




This is my first monsoon season and first summer here in Arizona.  Today we had rain.  Yesterday we had rain.  Not a ton, but you could see it sweeping across the valley and it was beautiful.  Today the washes were even running and an inexperienced person like myself had to be careful not to drive through anything.  I got safely home though.  I am putting up some pictures from last night's storm and sunset.  BEAUTIFUL!  I even got one lightning strike which was way cool.  But try as I might, I couldn't get it again...

These are the colors of sunset that I love most.  The dark blues and pinks and yellows.  This matches my batt that I just made.  I started spinning it tonight.  I will post pictures when it's done. 

This always makes me think of God looking down on the earth.  Even though it's just the sun.  It's such a beautiful image and they always use it for that kind of representation.  

2 comments:

Foxglove Studios said...

Those photos are absolutely incredible!

I lived in Virginia and Arkansas and loved both places. They were so green and had SEASONS but I always missed the desert sunsets. Nothing quite compares... Well, maybe a beach sunset...

Julie said...

We have always called that "God light". It was nice to visit with you today.